Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Edible School and Night in a Global Village

This video was about an outdoor classroom in California, that uses a garden and a kitchen area to teach students academic subject. I enjoyed the video. It was very interesting to watch. It showed students planting, harvesting,and eating the organic foods that they had grown in the garden. The teachers approach of teaching through this method, was very creative and interesting. The children seemed to enjoy and learn from the process. In the second video, students traded living conditions to see how other families and countries lived. I feel this was a good idea because it allows us as Americans to see how priviledge we are. Some countries don't have the freedom or opportunities that we have. This allows students to take a glance at the life of others,and see things that are happening in the world daily.
I enjoyed watching both podcast. In my teaching, I will research podcast that I can use in teaching my students. I feel students are more likely to want to get involved if they see how fun and interesting it can be to other students.

No comments:

Post a Comment