Thursday, April 23, 2009

Twitter

While in EDM 310, I learned about an intersting program called "Twitter". At first I thought it was just another program like Myspace that was goiun to take up more of my time. To my surprise it is much more educational than I thought. It is similar to Myspace in that you can find people to foolw and see their post and other things that are made available for you to see. I also had a chance to look at some articles in twitt.
One particlar article that I look at recently was about "Earth Day". It was a very intersting article. There are several articles about differnt subject of interst that are available to view on twitter.I have only been using twitter for a month or two now, but haven't used it as often as I should have. I often explore twitter twice a week depending on how my week is going. There is also an option that allow you to direct a message to a person in public or private in which I've only used once or twice. Twitter can be a helpful tool to a instructor or anybody who is intersted in technology.
For a teacher, it can serve as a form of communication between the teacher and the students if they were absent and need to knnow what was done that day or other important & fun information.Besides serving as a form communication it can also be a way to search topic ideas and see how others view of a topiic may be diffferent from yours. I have saw several teachers that are twitting on twitter talking about activities that they are doing in the classroom. As a future, I plan to use twitter often to communicate with students and also to see what other teachers are doing in theri classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment